1. Collection of Personal Data
When we refer to “personal data,” we mean information that relates to you. We collect the following categories of personal data:
Personal data you provide to us directly
– Identity and Contact Data: Standup may collect identifiers, such as your name and email address, when you sign up for a Standup account, to receive information on our Services, or submit an application for an employment opportunity. If you do not provide us with this information, we will not be able to administer your Standup account. We may also collect indirect identifiers (e.g., “USER12345”).
– Payment Information: We will collect your payment information if you choose to purchase access to Standup’s products and services. If you don’t provide us with this information, we will not be able to facilitate payment for Standup’s products and services.
– Professional Information: If you apply for employment with us, Standup may collect professional information, such as your employment history, your qualifications, and any other information contained in your CV or résumé.
– Inputs and Outputs: Our AI services allow you to submit text, documents, or other materials to the Services (“Inputs”), which generate responses based on your Inputs (“Outputs”). If you include personal data in your Inputs, we will collect that information and this information may be reproduced in the Outputs. Note, however, that Inputs and Outputs are subject to strict retention periods, as set out in Section 8 (“Data Retention”) below, and that we take steps to de-identify such Inputs and Outputs when using them for our own purposes as a controller.
– Company Data:
– Feedback on your use of our Services: Where applicable, we will collect your Feedback (as defined in our Terms of Service) regarding Inputs and Outputs, and use it under your authorization to train and improve our Services. This might arise if, for example, you report that Standup returned inaccurate information in an Output, or if you rate an Output to your Input using the thumbs-up/thumbs-down icon. We may also collect and use this information for the same purposes when you use our enterprise services.
Personal data we receive automatically from your use of the Services
When you use the Services, we may also receive certain technical data automatically (together “Technical Information”). This includes:
– Internet or other electronic network activity information, including your device type.
– IP address (including information about the location of the device derived from your IP address).
– Device or advertising identifiers, probabilistic identifiers, and other unique personal or online identifiers.
– Information about your device and operating system, such as time zone setting and location, operating system and platform.
– Information about your browser, such as browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions.
– Internet service provider.
– Pages that you visit before and after the website, browsing history, search history, and the date and time of your visit.
– Information about the links you click, pages you view, and other information about how you use the Services.
– The technology on the devices you use to access the Services.
– Standard server log information.
If you or your device experiences an error, we may collect information about the error, the time the error occurred, the feature being used, the state of the application when the error occurred, and any communications or content provided at the time the error occurred.
In these contexts, Standup receives personal data from the following categories of sources: directly from you, such as when you interact with the Standup website, and from internet service providers.
2. Cookies & Similar Technologies
These technologies may also allow us to collect demographic and statistical data and provide this information to our service providers to help deliver their services.
Most browsers allow you to remove or manage cookie functions and adjust your privacy
and security preferences. For information on how to do this, access the “help” menu on your browser, or access http://www.aboutcookies.org/how-to-control-cookies. Please note, however, that disabling our cookies may mean that you may not be able to take full advantage of our Services.
3. Uses of Personal Data and our Legal Bases
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Usually, we rely on the following grounds under US data protection laws (our “Legal Bases”):
– Where we need it to perform a contract with you. For example, we process Identity and Contact Data, Inputs, Outputs and Payment Information in order to provide Services to you.
– Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and rights do not override our interests. Our legitimate interests include:
– providing, maintaining and improving our products and services;
– research and developing, including developing new products and features;
– marketing our products and services;
– detecting, preventing and enforcing violations of our terms including misuse of services, fraud, abuse, and other trust and safety protocols; and
– protecting our rights and the rights of others.
– Where you have given us your consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
– Where we need to comply with our legal obligations.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
| Purpose | Type of Data | Legal Basis |
| — | — | — |
| To provide and facilitate the Services, including to fulfill any contracts with you with respect to your Standup account | Identity and Contact Data Payment Information Feedback | Contract |
| To communicate with you for non-marketing purposes including by sending you emails, push notifications, and other messages | Identity and Contact Data | Contract Legitimate interests |
| To send you marketing communications, where you have signed up to receive them | Identity and Contact Data | Consent |
| To review and consider your application for employment with Standup, if you choose to apply | Identity and Contact Data Professional Information | Contract Legitimate interests |
| To create and administer your Standup account | Identity and Contact Data Payment Information Feedback | Contract Legitimate interests |
| To facilitate payments for products and services provided by Standup | Identity and Contact Data Payment Information | Contract Legitimate interests |
| To prevent and investigate fraud notifications, unlawful or criminal activity, unauthorized access to or use of personal data or Standup systems and networks, and to meet governmental and institutional policy obligations | Identity and Contact Data Payment Information Inputs and Outputs Technical Information | Legitimate interests Legal obligation |
| To investigate and resolve disputes | Identity and Contact Data Inputs and Outputs Feedback Professional Information (if the dispute is connected to your employment with Standup) | Legitimate interests Legal obligation |
| To investigate and resolve security issues | Identity and Contact Data Feedback Technical Information | Legitimate interests Legal obligation |
| To debug and to identify and repair errors that impair existing functionality | Identity and Contact data Feedback Technical Information | Legitimate interests |
| To improve the Services and conduct research | Identity and Contact Data Feedback Technical information | Consent Legitimate interests |
| To de-identify it and train our AI models | Inputs and Outputs Feedback Technical Information | Consent Contract Legitimate interests |
| To enforce our Terms of Service and similar terms and agreements, including our Acceptable Use Policy. | Identity and Contact Data Inputs and Outputs Technical Information | Contract Legitimate interests |
Aggregated or De-identified Information.
We may process your personal data in an aggregated or de-identified form for the purposes of analyzing the effectiveness of our Services, conducting research, analyzing the behavior of users of our Services and training our models and interfaces. Usually, we only do so under your authorization—i.e., where you act as the controller for any personal data contained in Inputs and Outputs. We will also do so without reference to you when our purpose is to enforce and train our classification models for trust and safety purposes.
4. How We Disclose Personal Data
Standup will disclose personal data to the following categories of third parties for the purposes explained in this Policy:
– Affiliates & corporate partners. Standup discloses the categories of personal data described above between and among its affiliates and related entities.
– Service providers & business partners. Standup may disclose the categories of personal data described above with service providers and business partners for a variety of business purposes, including website and data hosting, ensuring compliance with industry standards, research, auditing, and data processing.
Standup may also disclose personal data in the following circumstances:
– As part of a significant corporate event. If Standup is involved in a merger, corporate transaction, bankruptcy, or other situation involving the transfer of business assets, Standup will disclose your personal data as part of these corporate transactions.
– To comply with regulatory or legal requirements, safety and to enforce our terms. We may disclose personal data to governmental regulatory authorities as required by law, including for tax or accounting purposes, in response to their requests for such information or
to assist in investigations. We may also disclose personal data to third parties in connection with claims, disputes or litigation, when otherwise required by law, or if we determine its disclosure is necessary to protect the health and safety of you or any other person, to protect against fraud or credit risk, or to enforce our legal rights or contractual commitments that you have made.
– With an individuals’ consent. Standup will otherwise disclose personal data when an individual gives us permission or directs us to disclose this information.
If you access third-party services, such as social media sites or other sites linked through the Services (e.g., if you follow a link to our Twitter account), these third-party services will be able to collect personal data about you, including information about your activity on the Services. If we link to a site or service via our Services, you should read their data usage policies or other documentation. Our linking to another site or service doesn’t mean we endorse it or speak for that third party.
5. Rights and Choices
Subject to applicable law, and depending on where you reside, you may have some rights regarding your personal data, including the following:
– Right to know. You may have the right to know what personal data Standup processes about you, including the categories of personal data, the categories of sources from which it is collected, the business or commercial purposes for collection, and the categories of third parties to whom we disclose it.
– Access & data portability. You may have the right to request a copy of the personal data Standup processes about you, subject to certain exceptions.
– Deletion. You may have the right to request that we delete personal data collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions.
– Correction. You may have the right to request that we correct inaccurate personal data Standup retains about you, subject to certain exceptions. Please note that we cannot guarantee the factual accuracy of Outputs. If Outputs contain factually inaccurate personal data relating to you, you can submit a correction request and we will make every effort to correct this information—but due to the technical complexity of our large language models, it may not always be possible for us to do so. You may also submit a deletion request.
– Objection. You may have a right to object to some processing activities.
– Withdrawal of consent. Where Standup’s processing of your personal data is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent.
– Sale & targeted advertising. Standup does not “sell” your personal data as that term is defined by applicable laws and regulations. Standup also does not engage in targeted advertising using your personal data.
– Do Not Track. Some web browsers provide a ‘Do Not Track” option. We currently do not respond to browser “Do Not Track” signals.
To exercise your rights, you or an authorized agent may submit a request by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. After we receive your request, we may verify it by requesting information sufficient to confirm your identity. You may also have the right to appeal requests that we deny by emailing email@example.com.
6. Third-Party Websites and Services
7. Data Transfers
When you access our website or Services, your personal data may be transferred to our servers in the US. This may be a direct provision of your personal data to us, or a transfer that we or a third party make (the latter being a “Transfer”).
8. Data Retention
Standup retains your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes and criteria outlined in this Policy.
Our Services are not directed towards, and we do not knowingly collect any information about, children under the age of 18. If you become aware that a child under the age of 18 has provided any personal data to us while using our Services, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will investigate the matter and, if appropriate, delete the personal data.
11. Contact Information
The responsible entities in respect of your personal data are:
Growth Engine, Inc. with a registered address at 3788 Richmond Ave, Suite 1303, Houston, TX 77046 (United States)You can email us at email@example.com